To create a New message from the FirstClass Desktop click, on New Message.
From the FirstClass menu bar, click on Message, then on New Message.
You can also use the shortcut on keyboard:
The New Message screen will open for completion.
Options to Reply to message:
Standard account includes a REPLY button on with a drop-down menu of options.
Reply with Quotes:
- Sends reply to the original sender.
- Sends reply to anyone that received the original message.
- Includes the original message.
- Includes any text added to the original message.
Reply to Sender:
- Sends reply message only to sender of original message.
- Does not include original.
- If you select all/a portion of the message, the selected text is included with the added text.
Reply to Original Author:
- If you are in a conference reading a posting form a person, example from Irene Smith, you can reply directly to Irene using Reply Original Author. If someone had forwarded a message to you – perhaps Sue sent the message to Joe and Joe forwarded the message to you – this form of reply sends an email directly to Sue.
If you want to include just a portion of the original message, click and drag text to highlight the portion you want to include.
Determining if a message has been read:
Open sent message, click on History and the history box will open. A shortcut on the keyboard to perform this function is Command Shift H.
Messaging someone outside of UNANet:
In the To box, type in address. (i.e. email@example.com)
Click the Enter (Return) key.
Creating a Contact Card:
Click on New Contact on UNA desktop.
A New Contact card will open enter in information.
- Voice/Fax tab – First and Last Name with phone numbers.
- Email/URL – Enter business and personal emails.
- Address – allows for business and personal addresses.
- Notes – allows for Quick Name – Defaults to First Last name but change be changed to something more convenient. FirstClass can use Quick Name entry to locate and address a message.