Congratulations on your new role as a Local Executive! On this page you will find:
As a new Local Executive
- Your new position will need to be reflected in DMS; a current Local Executive will be able to do this for you.
- If you are taking over hardware (such as a laptop from the previous Local Exec) please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once your position is reflected in DMS, you should have access and be able to see the following:
- The Local Executive shared mailbox
- Getting Started with Zimbra Mail
- ☆ Best Practice: Local Executive should create/design a schedule to monitor the inbox, and specify how they would like messages to be dealt with (such as message forwarding)
- The Local Executive shared calendar
- The Local Executive forums
- Your Home Menu will comprise of:
- Your Local Dashboard
- Your Personal Information (you can edit directly on here)
- Your Membership Information
- The Local(s) information of which you are a part of
- Employee Lists
- The Local Admin tab
- Your Local Dashboard
There are also some great education modules that provide step-by-step videos! Please visit https://education.una.ca/admin/
For further knowledge, you can sign up for How to Run a Local (abbreviated HTRL) events through the Events tab on DMS Web, or alternatively, you can see the upcoming events on the Events Calendar
Additionally you can read Procedure 18.11 “Locals – Operating Requirements” found it the Policies and Procedures Manual 18.11 covers all the basics of the responsibilities of the Local Executive.
With access to News, Collective Agreements, UNA Policies and the Constitution. In the DMS section, members with UNAnet accounts can update their contact information, submit Expense Claims and LOA Requests, Occupational Health & Safety forms; and Local Executives can do informational searches of their members and duespayers. Local executives and committee members can also manage Expense Claims and LOA Requests, as well as OH&S forms.
Members with UNAnet accounts can also have an electronic version of their UNA Membership Card right in the app!
Optional push notifications provide updates on the status of expense claims, leaves of absence requests, submitted PRC and OH&S concerns, and other related items.